Mr NEIL BERGMAN
Mr Neil Bergman specialises in adult reconstruction surgery of the lower limb and, in particular, primary and revision replacement surgery of the hip and knee. He further specialises in complex initial or primary surgery and revision surgery.
After completing orthopaedic training in Australia, he gained additional experience and training over two years in Liverpool, Bristol and at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. He commenced specialist practice in Melbourne in 1989.
Mr Bergman was a senior consultant at Austin Health for 23 years and currently has an honorary position there. He has an appointment at the University of Melbourne and participates in the Australian Orthopaedic Association Training Program for Australian surgeons and supervises a Clinical Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Surgery for post-graduate International and Australian surgeons. He established the protocols for bone at the Donor Tissue Bank of Victoria and is a member of the Advisory Board. Mr Bergman is a founding member of the Arthroplasty Society of Australia.
Mr Bergman Specialises in:
- Primary hip replacement surgery, including complex primary surgery for deformity and unusual situations.
- Revision hip replacement surgery, including reconstruction of massive bone deficiencies.
- Primary knee replacement surgery utilising computer assisted surgery techniques.
- Revision knee replacement surgery, including reconstruction following bone loss.
- Management of peri-prosthetic joint infections.
Mr Bergman is committed to providing high quality surgical care. He participates in training, ongoing education and maintains an outcome database for ongoing review of surgical outcomes.